Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the fold

everyday design
pizza mailer



Okay, so I must admit that I don't have a lot of foldables hanging around my house. I did have a ton from schools and so-forth, but I threw them away in my recent move. But one thing that is constant in my life here in DC and probably really anywhere, are these mailers from restaurants. Most of them go for a colored paper with black print, but I actually found this one to be pretty visually appealing (sans the printing smudge on the right side of the bottom sheet). I scanned it in spreads, but you can see where the front page is (far right on first page). It has a nice layout, with good alignment, color coordination, a textured background, and a pleasant font. The font in that same orange is used throughout and the textured background becomes a headline background on the inside. There is a consistent structure of pictures and text for each section of the first panel of the inside, and it's switched up a bit for their pizzas, which are the main event. All food items are isolated, giving a consistent feel throughout the mailer. Makes me prettttty hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment