complimentary colors
whole living: body & soul in balance (and color too!)

This cover feels balanced, is appealing to the eye, and the colors represent a fall theme. I would say that the base color here is the orange, and if you use that to check out some appropriate color schemes on kuler.adobe.com, you'll see that the cover has analogous colors (yellows and other oranges), shades, and compound colors (greens). The repetitiveness of the colors adds to the overall complete feel of this cover. Everything feels in its right place. The cover makes me feel relaxed, which is the point of the issue, and the colors certainly play a big role in making me feel that way.
completely overwhelming colors
peak anti-freeze and coolant

Okay. So I really only see one color in this ad (besides white) and I don't like it. It's assaulting my eyeballs. It's too saturated. I know it's an antifreeze ad and antifreeze isn't awesome and the designer is working with a color scheme in the packaging that is less than ideal, BUT they had Danica Patrick! And a whole host of options to play around with. Something with a car, or freezing, or cooling could have gotten the point across and been more visually appealing. And using the peak color as a highlight color and not as the base color also would have been an option. I don't want to look at this ad.
I agree with the vivid colors in the Whole Living color. Those bright colors are inviting and could have me purchasing just based on the cover. (Which is the whole point of the cover.)
ReplyDeleteThe antifreeze ad definitely is not working! The antifreeze blue is very close to the blue in the background! Perhaps the addition of a white glow effect behind the antifreeze would make this product more visually appealing and magical!!
ReplyDeleteI love the "whole living" ad. The fall colors look great against the green background. On another note, the anti-freeze ad did a bad job photoshopping the girl in.
ReplyDelete