Sunday, September 19, 2010

pbds 501: learning InDesign

INDESIGN
first impressions

There are indeed many things to love about InDesign. Obviously, there is the ease at which you can modify objects and text to get them exactly how you want them, but my favorite thing has to do with accuracy. I like all of the different ways you can make sure that things are lined up, that they are proportional, that they are exactly where you want them to be in relation to other things. As a perfectionist, this puts my mind at ease knowing that I will never again have to use the nudge feature of Microsoft Publisher to painstakingly align two boxes and still never know if they are aligned.

I'm looking forward to learning more about how to use this program, especially in conjunction with Photoshop and Illustrator. The quality of the projects that you can make with these products is just so much higher than Publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment